Here are some of the advantages sited:
- Independent agents offer a great knowledge of the market and products.
- There is a single point of contact.
- Agency staff is much more qualified than those in the “marketplace” are.
- Consumers were able to gain a better understanding of their coverage.
- Consumers prefer to develop a relationship that involves trust.
- Dealing with people is less stressful and less of a hassle than trying to complete the process online or over voicemail.
- In addition, consumers who purchased through an agent were significantly more satisfied about how easy it was to understand their options and choose a plan that gave them the best coverage tailored to their needs, than those who purchased online.
- Overall, consumers seem to prefer having the guidance of an experienced agent available to them.