As good as modern medical technology is it can never save you from the problems caused by an unhealthy lifestyle. Instead of getting a modern medical fix for every problem, it is far better to live in such a way that you will hardly ever fall ill. An ounce of prevention is certainly better than a pound of cure. Here are seven tips on how to live a long and healthy life. In addition, the same lifestyle that helps you to avoid illness also helps you to lose weight.
1. Get Enough Exercise - In the past, people had to use their physical bodies in the course of their normal work. However, today someone may get up and go to work in a car, sit in an office all day, go home in the car, and then sit in front of the television all evening. In such a life there is no physical labor.
2. Go to sleep when you feel sleepy - This may sound simple, but many people stay up late even when their body is telling them that it is time to sleep. Yoga and Ayurvedic doctors also say that it is better to sleep in the night and be active during the day.
3. Wash with cool water before going to bed - As mentioned above, proper sleep is essential for the maintenance of health. If you wash your important motor and sensory organs (hands, arms, eyes, legs, mouth,) before sleep using cool water, this will relax you and prepare you for deep sleep.
4. Perform meditation on a regular basis - Your body is linked to your mind. Many of the diseases of this era are psychosomatic. Stress and anxiety take their toll on our physical health. Meditation is a mental exercise which, among other things, allows you to detach yourself from the worries of life. Learn a simple technique and do it regularly.
5. Get up early every day - Once again the old proverb, “Early to bed, early to rise makes a person healthy, wealthy, and wise.” We do not know if it will make you wealthy, but it will certainly make you healthy. Your body needs just enough sleep, not too much and not too little.
A healthy body is a happy body, and there’s no better way to preserve your health and your family’s health than with a health insurance policy from Columbia River Insurance Services.
Let’s face it, medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without health insurance coverage you could end up paying off medical bills for the rest of your life. Columbia River Insurance Services can help you find an affordable healthcare plan that’s right for you. Contact one of our friendly agents today to learn more.